24 March 2008

An Odd Sense of Humor

Okay, sometimes I read things and they make me laugh. Not because of what is said, but more of HOW it is said. I have a bad habit of editing...sorry if you don't appreciate that aspect of my personality.
I've just been viewing a friend of a friend's blog (hope this doesn't offend anyone...it just came across to me as funny) and he is a photographer (BTW, he takes some amazing pictures!! So, Sarah, I might need to give you the blog site as a reference...you, too, Rach!) and after a particular shoot and revealing these images, he wrote "I shot the {surname} Family down in Provo." It's okay, you can laugh, too! Is that a dangling modifier or something? Anyway, I know "down" is in reference to Provo, but when you first read the sentence, doesn't it sound like something else?
Another example? Well, there has also been a local church sign that reads "You can pick your friends, just not to pices." No, I didn't misspell something there...that's how it read. What's even funnier is that "pices" was on both sides of the sign!!
And don't you worry...I poke fun at myself, too!! I just posted my own error a few days ago (the previous entry) with the title of "In the Event It Doen't Transfer" and it took 24 hours or so for me to realize that something was wrong with that title and had to go back and edit it to read "doesn't". No, I didn't move to the sticks!! I just suffer from not being completely careful of what I type. So, no one really escapes it. Watch out!! I may have to cite you next! =)

No comments: