22 March 2008

Potty Mouth

Okay, before any of you start thinking that I'm going to start swearing...this about toilet training. These days, it is about the most exciting thing in my life, so I am constantly talking about the potty.
We introduced the potty chair to Emily quite a few months ago and were hoping that potty training would come soon to follow. Well, we're in the depths of it now, and so incredibly thrilled!! We're on our third day with only one accident. She knows when she has to go and always goes straight to the potty when she is bare-bottomed. Now the transition of knowing you aren't supposed to go in your pants. I'm thrilled that she is learning this skill. Anyone who isn't a parent probably may not appreciate the excitement of your child no longer giving you dirty diapers, but saving those messes for the toilet instead...but it is awesome!
Now, if we could just convince her to be quiet and calm during Sacrament Meeting...now, THAT would be an accomplishment!!

3 comments:

Momma Sarah said...

I am so there with you Liz! We are having more and more success here with Abby! She is definitely HER own person and no one and I mean NO ONE is going to make her do anything she doesn't want to and not until SHE is READY! YEAH Emily! Keep up the good work! I'll bet you are so proud of yourself!

The Doctors Wife said...

Don't you just love potty training. I just got Brian potty trained a few months ago and once I settle into a new routine with the baby I will get Lindsay potty trained. What help for my kids was buying them the character underwear and telling them "don't pee on Diego, or don't pee on Cinderella". They didn't want to desecrate their favorite person.

Boyd Box said...

I'm going to have to find girl SpongeBob undies...she would respond well to that!!