24 January 2012

Priorities

Each of us has a set of priorities and we value things based on that. However, sometimes it really makes me laugh to see how priorities create interesting situations. I am only using the following to illustrate. I'm sure I'm guilty of the same thing in my own set of priorities, but this makes me laugh.
First, an individual calls me for a favor. I do some sewing for the individual because they just couldn't justify spending x number of dollars "just for hemming pants" but had no problem calling me to come and do it for free.
Second, the same individual allows me to borrow a movie they just purchased. Somehow it feels like this is my "payment" for services rendered.
Do you see the irony here? Because the priority was set for the purchase of an anticipated new release, the tailoring which was a necessity was valued less. The bottom line for me is to remember that necessities ALWAYS take precedence over wants.
So, I'll sit back tonight and evaluate why my priorities are set the way they are and try to find something to improve upon.

No comments: