16 January 2012

69 and Counting

I've finally gotten around to getting my sewing supplies organized. In doing so, I have scanned in all of my new patterns. By "new" I mean those patterns which I personally have purchased since getting married. I have a whole other collection of cool finds from patterns people have either given to me or that I have scavenged at estate and garage sales (those vintage patterns are really cool and I hope to resurrect some of them in the future...however near or far that future may need to be).
Anyway, 69!! That's a lot. And, sadly, a large majority of them are UNUSED!! Of course, since I only purchase them when they are on sale....okay, not "only" but some patterns just never do go on sale....I tend to purchase them in lots of 10, because that is typically the limit. So, with that in mind, I've only purchased patterns about 7 times in the past 6 years. Not really that awful when it is put into perspective, but STILL!! I hope to have a greater portion of these used by the end of 2012. We'll see if that can be accomplished.
Sewing is fun, but drooling over designs may be even more fun...because they stay perfect and I don't know the flaws of construction personally.

1 comment:

Momma Sarah said...

See?? We gotta live closer so we can tackle those patterns together! THAT would be FUN! Bonus: you could get me out of my fashion rut!