09 November 2011

To A Couple I Love

I feel like I have been greatly blessed with the people who have been a part of my life. I believe that "family" is more than those with blood ties. It is created from those who love you even in your faults, but who are willing to help you overcome them.
There was a couple who was just fantastic to me while I was on my mission...and forever after. We'll call them the "N's". Such wonderful, humble, loving people. They have been an example to me of what a marriage should be: best friends having fun and enjoying one another's company. They didn't need anyone else, although they did allow others into their unique circle. They never spoke ill of the other. They just loved each other so deeply. They were inseparable.
Well, the time for the physical separation happened last week. Husband "N" has been through the ringer with health issues: stomach ulcers, cancer, etc. His body finally gave out last week and he is on to the next life and receiving that relief from the pain he has experienced over the past umpteen years. I wonder how much pain he has been relieved from and how much new pain is there as he is separated from his wife this way...and her, too. He probably feels even worse for her.
Even at this sad moment in time, I am grateful for the bonds that tie us together. I am grateful to be worthy of being notified of such an event. I'm grateful that I, too, can call my close friends after long periods of time to say "I love you" and it not to be awkward.
There are a great many wonderful people in my life. If I haven't called lately to tell you, know that I do love you and that it is my own feelings of unworthiness or "uninterestingness" that keeps me from doing so more often.
To the "N's": I love you with my whole heart. You have been special individuals and a special couple in my life. Thank you for teaching me all that you did...especially the stuff you didn't even know you were teaching. I love you and I'm sorry for missing the opportunities to call and tell you as much. If I could put a recording on here, I'd dedicate "I Know That My Redeemer Lives". In lieu of my own recording, I dedicate this to you.

No comments: