18 November 2011

Bike Log, Stardate 18112011

I just wanted to make an update about biking Emily to school. We are somewhere between 14 and 15 weeks into school. That's about 70 days, and not that I have gone every morning (Eric takes her on the Scooter when he can...but now it is getting too cold for that), but nearly every day I'm making the trip to school on the bike. It's nearly 560 miles that I've biked in the past few months, and all with around 65 pounds in the trailer. Let me just say that with that continual exercise, I am feeling quite fit. AND, I especially find the windy days the most valuable exercise days...that trailer really catches the wind and I have to pump hard in order to make progress. It's definitely made me stronger!
I really love riding the bike and have benefited from the "have to" of school transport. Yes, it is still our CHOICE to do it this way, but it's that nudge of expectation that keeps me going. I'm a little disappointed that there won't be school next week because then I'll have to create reasons to get on the bike...and with nowhere to go if the coolness stays.

1 comment:

Momma Sarah said...

HA HA HA!!!! Way to go! I love the title of this post! We've been watching Enterprise on Netflix and we've started talking in 'Stardate'!