01 August 2010

Movie Musicals

Growing up, we watched musicals, whether on TV or at the outdoor theater in Kansas City. I loved musicals and have never lost that love affair.
Sundays have a set a rules we've established to help us keep the Sabbath holy. I must admit, the Sunday hours roll by a little more slowly because there is a limitation of what we permit to be activities.
Church movies and things about Christ are always permitted. That's obvious. There are a few other movies that have gentle enough themes that I feel they are "cleared" for Sabbath viewing. Musicals are one of these genres.
I remember watching the "Sunday Night Disney Movie" specials on the Disney channel on our cable when I was young. We'd all gather around the TV with our treat of popcorn. I want to continue this tradition, but have to make my own collection.
To start with, we have a few musicals already in our possession. The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins to name a few.
What are some of the musicals or "clean" movies you fondly remember from your own childhood that would be "Sabbath appropriate"?

No comments: