01 August 2010

Ode to My MIL

There are certain perks about living close to your in-laws. The girls get to see grandparents at least once per week. We get extra help whenever we need it. But, I am especially grateful for a mother-in-law who cooks. She calls us up to come over for dinner. I know she is in-tune because it seems to always be on the days that I really just don't want to face my kitchen because it's already a mess or perhaps I just can't figure out what sounds good to eat.
Tonight we dined on pork loin, black-eyed peas and butter beans. Of course, the dinner was super tasty, but my mil has also been dealing with some health issues and she still pulled out this great dinner and shared it with us. I just really have to say that I love her. She's such a great person and does so much for us and the other brothers and their families, too.
Love you, Mama!!

2 comments:

The Roes said...

How sweet. We should all thank and love our mil.

Susan said...

Not to mention when she pretty much "adopted" me on Mother's Day.