25 July 2010

And, some more...



Since I had the sewing machine out, I decided to make a couple extra things.
I've had this teal shirt for 5 years. Due to a little run-in with a doggie, I haven't really worn the shirt in nearly as long. It's been in my drawer to mend forever and I finally pulled it out when I saw the fabric another friend gave me to salvage. Cut-cut and sew-sew, and VOILA! A dress and a skirt are made from more recycled materials.
The dress is for Gianna and I thought she looked quite darling today. However, there will need to be some alterations as the snaps as closures leads to a problem with a child who likes to undress.
The skirt is going to be given back to the lady who gave me the material in the first place. It's beautiful material and I was sad to think her beautiful little girl wouldn't be able to style it. One of these days I'll have an actual pattern or at least sizing that will better assist me in creating these articles of clothing. In the meantime, I'm learning and loving!

No comments: