29 June 2010

One Generation at a Time

About two years ago I began working for a gentleman who has since then become like a grandfather to me. In reality, we've even discovered that we ARE long-distance cousins.
I try to find new connections to add to his tree, but I've been at a stand-still for nearly 6 months (well, really, longer than that I think!). I finally, finally found the family who I believe his 4th great-grandmother belongs to. Sure, it was only her parents and siblings, but it's one more family we didn't know about. I'm hopeful that I can find more about the siblings and work back to the present, but we'll have to see how that goes.
It's neat that if I'm working on his line or my line, it all ends up being my genealogy. It's fun to see the names that come up and wondering if I am somehow related to the friends I have made over the years. I haven't tracked anyone down as of yet, but I AM searching!!

No comments: