13 June 2010

Just Love

I know there are many out there with varying degrees of belief in God and even those who do not believe in Him. I just want to say that I love Him. I know He is real. I know there are answers to questions.
A friend of mine recently asked a question about religion. I'm not out here to sway her to my point of view. I am here to be an example of Christ and teach truth. I explained to her that all good things come from God and that sorting out the truths from the untruths is the hard part when it comes to religion. You can only do this through prayer.
Of course, prayer demands a bit of faith. Actually, it demands something more basic than faith. It demands hope. Hope for there to be a God. Hope that we can change. Hope that families really can be together forever. Hope that there are answers. When we express this hope, we demonstrate that mustard seed of faith. It may be small and seemingly insignificant, but as we allow that hope and faith to grow, it can lead to the kind of faith that moves mountains and allows us to see miracles in our lives.
When we have faith, we then become more involved in teaching others about Christ and being devoted to Him. We seek to remove all bad characteristics and habits from our lives. It's a process. True and complete conversion takes time, but more importantly, willingness to see the freedoms and happiness that making good choices allows. Religion isn't stifling; it's liberating. God isn't one who wants restrictions placed upon us. He is sure of the path of happiness and guides and directs us as any good parent does.
I love Him with all my heart. I'm trying my best to do His will. I know He has a purpose for each one of us on this earth. I'm a daughter of God. I am the wife of a wonderful man who makes me better than I could be by myself. I am the mother of two glorious children who remind me how simple faith really can be. I am a daughter of goodly parents who have struggled and succeeded. I am a sister, an aunt, a granddaughter and a friend. I want everyone to have the fullness of joy that I have in knowing God loves each of us and knowing the pathway to have that happiness.
Please know, that by reading this message, I care for you and want you to be happy, too.

(Found this after posting, but I thought I'd leave a link. It's good stuff!)
And, I also need to make note that Eric has been teaching me a LOT about the concept of hope and it is through his epiphanies that this all makes sense. Can I just say that I love this man?

No comments: