05 June 2010

Sports Hall of Fame







As one of our outings we went to the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame. I give this museum two thumbs up. It was everything I expected it to be and it was a lot of fun.
There were the information stations as well as memorabilia. The best part was the activities they had upstairs. We could shoot hoops, check our balance, throw footballs and kick field goals, compete for the highest vertical, check our reaction time and ride a Special Olympics wheelchair. It was so much fun and the girls loved it.
I have to say that none of us have any balance according to that activity. I don't know who DOES have that kind of balance. Gianna and Emily were both quick on the draw for the trivia game...no one has quicker hands and minds than they do! Of course, they got every question wrong, but who said you have to read to play? Eric beat me on throwing footballs through the tires, but I got it through first! And, I win on the vertical jump. He only jumped 12 inches while mine was 16. Of course, it probably wasn't fair since he had a bum knee from paintballing earlier this week, but we won't figure that into the competition. =)
We had a great time and there was plenty more to see that we didn't as we had our two active little girls who enjoyed the open spaces to run in.

No comments: