05 June 2010

Gianna and the Visit



She really is getting too cute for words. I loved the way she clung on to my Mom while she was here. I wanted more than the two days we got with them, but I am really glad my parents and brother could come down for a visit.
My family is amazing...and, a little crazy. Jake had a State Track Meet to compete in for High Jump on Saturday. So, they were up all day for that and left immediately after he finished. They jumped in the car and started the long travel down here. At 6:30am they finally arrived. Exhausted. But, we took them home, got everyone showered and dressed for church (my mom taking care of the girls, too!) and made it there by 8:45am (I know, we are breaking records with being there early!!). Eric and I sang a song and then we decided that my family REALLY needed to get some sleep, so we took them home after the first meeting. They got some rest that day, ate some yummy chimmichangas, and watched a movie together (some of us falling asleep basically when it started).
Monday morning we were up shopping for fruits and vegetables to can (my Mom was going to teach a small group of women) while the other half were getting ready and going paintballing. No peaches. No nothing, really, to preserve. Got home, did some canning. Paintballers returned. A little more sleep for the travelers. A combined family BBQ with my family and Eric's family. Then to bed we went.
Tuesday morning, they packed up and were out of here by 9am.
That's what I call a quick visit. It was great, though!

No comments: