03 June 2010

Let the Good Times Roll


This morning Emily was playing a game on PBSKids.org. Gianna was stretched across the side of the table to watch. Both of them were enjoying being together and watching the game.
A few minutes ago, the two of them were playing a game in front of the fan: chasing a feather that was being blown in the wind. Then, they started hugging each other.
Things are not always as heavenly, but it is in these moments that I know that they love each other. I love witnessing it. I am just so in love with them!!
It makes me think of my siblings. I know that we had our fights and disagreements, but we also made a lot of happy memories of playing together and enjoying the company of each other.
These are the things we share when we are together. No one remembers (or at least no one brings it up) the fights or arguments or the times when we couldn't stand each other. When we are together, we only feel emotions of love and joy at being together. We reminisce about the good times and let the bad times fade from memory.
It is sometimes hard to wait until the next time I get to see my family, but it is always worth it when those moments are new happy memories or shared memories of the past, such as these two girls will be able to share with each other in their futures.

1 comment:

The Roes said...

So true! I still would love to sit down with EVERYONE and reminisce with pictures. I'm sure there are so many stories that I don't know.

You're girls are growing up so fast. I still think of Gianna as that little sweet baby I saw over a year ago now.