14 June 2010

Thank You for Giving Me the Magic

I, obviously, adore my kids. We have two outings every week that they can count on. The first is going to church every Sunday. The second is going to the library.
Tonight we had a breakthrough with Emily. We sat down and she read her very first complete book. She read The Kite by Mary Packard. She was getting so excited as she turned page after page and was able to sound out and read the words. At one point, she turned to me and gave me a huge hug with happiness bursting out of her and exclaimed, "Thank you so much for giving me the magic! I can read!!"
Reading is like magic. It opens up worlds: both fictional and real. It can take you places in your mind but it can also allow you to function and excel in school and business as well as in relationships with others.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I am so grateful my children already have the love of reading. I'm so glad my Mom gave me the magic of reading.

1 comment:

Momma Sarah said...

WOOOO-Hooooo Em! You do have the magic!