23 May 2010

Shout Out To My Brother

There are few sports that are terrifying to me (and I'm talking "traditional" not x-treme). One of them is the high jump. It's just scary to me to think about doing it...probably because I'm not the most graceful of fallers.
Well, next weekend my youngest brother is competing in the State Track Meet for high jump. I'm so excited for him and proud that he's my brother and accomplishing such dreams and goals like this. Yes. Proud. I can say that.
So, way to go Jake! Best wishes on your jumps and keeping healthy and strong this week, especially. And, I know what he'll say when he wins.
"What are you going to do next?" an unimaginative reporter asks.
"Well, I'm jumping in the car and we're going to see my sisters," he replies. Or, if he's a bit more daring, he'll brake into song to the tune of the famous song by The Presidents of the United States of America, "Driving down to Georgia, where I'll see me a bunch of family..." ...and, if he's lucky, eat a few peaches, too.

No comments: