11 May 2010

Praying in Specifics

I learned on my mission that there is a vast difference between praying for generalities and praying for specifics. It's not that the Lord misunderstands us or anything on His part; it just helps us to be more readily capable of understanding His answers.
Emily is already learning this. It's really cute and sweet.
Last night she asked what pancakes do for our bodies (we had breakfast for dinner). I told her they give us energy. So, she immediately prays, "Bless the pancakes to give us energy."
Today she was explaining how bones work in our bodies (seriously, if she doesn't pursue something medical, I'll be surprised. Everything is ALL about the body...somehow). She ended with, "Isn't that cool, Mommy? I think we should say a prayer to tell Jesus thank you for making our bones stick together." She immediately begins a prayer just to say thanks for the cool way our bones work together.
I love being this girl's mother. She always helps to bring the Spirit and to remind me that everything in this world goes back to our Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments: