01 May 2010

Child's Apron


I've gotten to the point of feeling like a slacker if I don't make the gift I'm giving. It's funny how quickly we put pressure on ourselves to do this and that.
But, I had a lot of fun making this cute little apron for a friend's 2 year old. Of course, I nearly had to pry it out of Gianna's hands. I'm quickly learning that her favorite color is yellow!
I also created my version of an applique...the pink flower on the pocket is actually hand sewn on and added a nice little flare to the skirt (though, I had intended to add an accent to the top of the pocket, too...but that got sewn on for fear I wouldn't have enough time to complete the project before the party today!).
I also would like to make mention that Emily was more than happy to model it for me so I could document it with a photo. Thanks, Em!!

No comments: