27 January 2009

How Many Licks to the Center of the Tootsie Pop?

Actually, it's more like "how many ounces 'til my baby's tummy pops?" Gianna and Emily may be sisters, but they are complete opposites already! Emily was consistent with everything and had her days/nights correct from the beginning. Gianna...no such luck. So, last night, she was awake in the early evening and on into the night. Seriously, she was wide awake for 4 or 5 hours straight. In that time period, she continuously sucked down a couple bottles. Yes, a couple. Or, perhaps a few. All in all, she didn't go down for bed until midnight and only after consuming 14+ ounces of formula!! She has been known to projectile spit up (or, as the English say, cheese) as well as performing the feat through her nose, so I was a bit concerned putting down this very full baby for the night. She did stay asleep for about 4.5 hours, but then wanted to be held from that point on. It made a very long night for me as I chose to let Eric get some needed rest while Gianna and I cuddled in the recliner in the living room. I think it'll be his turn tonight! ;)

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Oh man so sorry to hear you're not getting much sleep. I hope she start's sleeping better for you soon. But at least you do have Eric to take turns with, I've never made Ryan get up at all with any of our kids. I think that might change when he's finally done with shcool. :o)

Boyd Box said...

I'd die without getting some help from Eric! Typically, he takes the first wake up and I get the remaining. I've found that my body can always wake up early, but I need sleep first. Eric can stay up late but needs to sleep in the morning, so it really works out rather nicely...except Gianna doesn't want to go to bed until midnight most of the time. So, she really does have a lot of Eric in her, after all!