03 October 2008

Pres. Uchtdorf

Last Saturday was the RS General Broadcast. I enjoyed it in the comfort of my own home. I think the biggest part for me was Pres. Uchtdorf's talk about enjoying in the creation. I've recently felt impressed that I need to get "back on the horse" and start writing again. Ironically (or, perhaps, inspirationally) a week prior, I finally penned the rough draft to a children's story I had an idea for over a year ago. I think I see more of the pictures that goes with this story, so that's my next project, getting pictures drawn and then actually submitting it to be published!
After that, there are a lot of other projects I need to get going on as I've been wanting to write different stories largely based on my life. I've been disappointed in recent years going to the public library and finding published books that really don't deserve being published. If they can do it and it's terrible (whether it is the actual writing or the fact that society can't write anything without putting smut in it), I certainly could accomplish my life-long dream of writing something worthwhile!
My challenge to you, oh faithful readers of my blog, is to find out which creative part of you has been dormant and tell it to WAKE UP! SEIZE THE DAY!

3 comments:

miss said...

Do nano with me.
http://www.nanowrimo.com

It's fun, and it gets the ideas flowing! (and you type a lot faster than me, so you wouldn't have to spend as much time on it as me.)

And E.U. is so nice. Misty ran me into him a few years ago and he didn't hit me back. :P

Momma Sarah said...

Wasn't General Women's Conference AWESOME????? I felt as if the speakers were talking just to me! How did they know what I needed? We truly have a wonderful and loving Heavenly Father!

Lori said...

i have a running list of creative projects in my head all the time, mostly stuff for halle. i'm gunna get moving too!