17 October 2008

Bedtime Boss Vs. The Light Nazi

In college I was quite the Light Nazi. Come on! I was poor and scrounging for every possible penny!! Anyway, I'm sure it caused some contention between me and a few roommates. In my defense, my Dad does the same thing...he really got on to us for leaving the lights on in rooms we weren't in (as well as leaving the outside doors open or standing "as a door" in front of the TV). Apparently, it's genetic. It's carried on to Emily as well.
For about the past week, Emily has developed a new pattern with her bedtime routine. After we get through everything and I go to close her door, she demands that I turn off the living room light. She'll even get out of bed to come check to see if Mommy and Daddy are going to bed like she has to or if we're staying up without her. If the TV or any other light is on, she will demand that it be turned off. It takes a lot for Eric and me not to snicker at her bossiness.

4 comments:

The Doctors Wife said...

oh yes, I remember the light nazi. I still don't turn out all of the lights when I leave the house. At least they are the energy efficient ones right?

The Roes said...

I'm laughing so hard! I get onto Adam all the time for leaving lights on. It is genetic!

Momma Sarah said...

LOL! I don't even turn on lights during the day (you can imagine how dark it gets on those dark, rainy WA days!) until we really can't see anything!

miss said...

I never noticed. Maybe because I come from a light-nazi famly too!