24 October 2008

Dinner...Dinner...What's For Dinner?

Potato Soup. I've never made potato soup. I've made soups of different varieties, but never potato soup. It was chilly and rainy today and it just felt like a potato soup night. That's rarely the case, though. I am usually struggling to figure out what I should make for dinner. I've posted a couple sites on my blog list of other blogs/sites that have recipes listed (for any of you who may struggle with the same issue). I currently only have one cookbook, so these are great for me to look at and see what "real" people are making their families for dinner. I used to watch Food Network for ideas, but realize that most of the ingredients they use, I either NEVER have on hand (and who remembers them when you go shopping?) or they don't even sell in Macon grocery stores (or may be so expensive it isn't even worth attempting at the risk-cost factor). If any of you want to share a family favorite that you cook often (sometimes a family fav only gets made on the rare occasion b/c it is a labor of love), I'd love to add to my repertoire of Family Fare Dining (I am NOT an aspiring chef!).

2 comments:

The Doctors Wife said...

For the sake of space I will tell you that every Wednesday I post a new recipe on my site and it comes from my own personal cookbook. At least until I run out of those. And not this week because I will be posting something for Halloween. Anyway, keep coming back to check it out.
www.homemakeretc.com

Momma Sarah said...

Curry Brocolli Chicken Casserole

2 cups cooked cubed chicken
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 TBSP mayo
1 TBSP curry powder (no more than)

Heat and mix together.

Meanwhile, Steam approx 4 cup brocolli.

Serve with rice (white or brown)and shredded cheddar cheese.

We like to layer it in a bowl: rice, chicken 'sauce', brocolli, cheese. YUM!

This is what we had for dinner tonight!