22 February 2008

Sleep Snacking


Stefanie, Caleb, Emily and I went on an excursion to the nearest Costco today. (It's maybe an hour north of us.) After we finished that trip (and after all of our "Oh, and remember we're supposed to get..." moments were through) and returned the Dixon's to their home, Em and I went shoe shopping. I don't know if I've been blessed thus far to find shoes on clearance or what, but I about died when I saw the price tags on these tiny shoes. Toddler or grown-up, the pair of shoes is the same price. Go figure!! I couldn't believe I was going to spend at least $40 on two pairs of shoes she'll just grow out of in another couple months!!! I went to five stores trying to find something I at least liked but ended up settling on the cheapest. I ended up going back to Payless Shoes b/c at least it was a BOGO 1/2 off sale. We then had to find her some jeans (she outgrew everything!) and some longer (torso-wise) shirts. At the end of the excursion, it was a little after 6 pm and Em was starving. I opened the new box of Goldfish Crackers and just handed her the whole box! She was out and sound asleep by the time we hit the freeway (BTW, no one in GA would DARE use that term b/c "the signs say 'interstate' so why call it anything else?"). I grabbed the camera as soon as we got home so you could see how funny it was to see this image in my rear-view mirror.

2 comments:

Momma Sarah said...

Love it! That is just the best picture! Sleeping with that HUGE box of Goldfish crackers! It just cracks me up! Yeah, clothes/ shoes, etc. will eat you ALIVE! I found shoes for Abby on clearance at Taget about a month ago. The catch is that although they cost me $3 or less for each pair ( I think I bought 2 or 3 pair, sneakers and dress shoes) she'll probably be able to wear them in 1 1/2 -2 years from now... but hey! At that price, I can store THOSE easily!

Boyd Box said...

Seriously, I wish we could find something on sale. Actually, yesterday we did find some shoes Em likes for about $10, so we got them in the two sizes they had left (a 6 and an 8). One for now and one for later.