03 February 2008

Bellybutton!!

I had a friend in high school that liked to learn the word "belly button" in as many languages as possible. Well, the cutest word Emily says right now is "bellybutton!" It's hilarious.
For Christmas, she was given one of those doodle pads that has the magnetic-tipped pen and you slide the doohickey to erase it. Anyway, we were in her room and she was drawing on it. When I asked to see what she was drawing, she'd pull it up to her chest and give me a firm "no." After a couple tries at this, I decided to join the game and try to get it from her. As I pulled it away from her, I saw why she really was trying to hide it. She had stabbed a hole in it. When I asked her what she did, her response was, "Bellybutton!!" Unfortunately, I started busting up before I could get away. My child created a bellybutton for an object that doesn't have one. Now I'll have to be on guard for other mysterious bellybutton appearances as she knows I laughed at this one!!

No comments: