31 January 2008

My 2008 Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants 124:49-50
49 Verily, verily, I say unto you, that when I give a commandment to any of the sons of men to do a work unto my name, and those sons of men go with all their might and with all they have to perform that work, and cease not their diligence, and their enemies come upon them and hinder them from performing that work, behold, it behooveth me to require that work no more at the hands of those sons of men, but to accept of their offerings.
50 And the iniquity and transgression of my holy laws and commandments I will visit upon the heads of those who hindered my work, unto the third and fourth generation, so long as they repent not, and hate me, saith the Lord God.

While we were visiting Rachel and Adam, their Sunday School teacher taught this great lesson and referenced these verses. They have had a huge impact on my life. It is proof that the Lord knows what we are up against at times and that we must continue putting forth our best efforts to make that grand offering to the Lord. It is up to the Lord to decide when enough is enough, not me. I am just expected to keep on giving. I mean, the Savior had to give so much that it required his life! The trials and difficulties I face are not that severe, and if they ever are, then I still need to be "true to the faith" forever.

No comments: