27 January 2008

Toddlers and Tantrums

Being a mother teaches you such incredible skills that you just don't get the pleasure of learning in any other atmosphere. Emily has grown to express her opinions with these terrible whole-body tantrums. I've experienced several of these in the car (Ryan will recall a long drive to Atlanta where Em showcased this talent). After she has worn herself out a little, the only thing she will calm down for is to hold my hand. That's fabulous if I can ride passenger and in the back. However, driving down the freeway or the busy streets can be a bit nerve wracking when trying to steer while half-turned in the seat to console my daughter. So, my vote is in for a third hand! Who has THAT on their presidential agenda?

2 comments:

The Doctors Wife said...

at least you are willing to turn half around and hold her hand.
I just turn the radio up louder and start singing.
sometimes I'll pretend cry louder and that usually gets them to stop.

danandcamwilson said...

Oh the joys of motherhood!! Gotta love em!:)