23 September 2010

Dante's Inferno

It's been awhile since I've read it, but I don't remember flies being a part of Dante's Inferno.
We've been without the plague of flies all summer, which is quite the accomplishment since summer has been here since the beginning of May. Now, all the sudden, we have five million flies in our house.
You may remember in the past (like a year or two ago I posted about that and I'm way too lazy today to go find the post to give it to you as a link to revisit) that we counted how many flies just up and died in our bathroom. Well, they are no longer dying. They are invading and multiplying!!
For those of you that think that perhaps my cleaning skills are lacking. Not so. They've just moved in with no reason.
I take that back. Their reason and purpose is, apparently, to annoy and frustrate us to no end! It's one thing to wave flies away from food on a picnic or even at the table. It's another thing, completely, to be swatting them off our bodies. Oh, it is so gross! And that light touch is so infuriating. Okay, okay, maybe not infuriating, but overly annoying for sure.
So, were I to be condemned to the pages of Dante's inferno, he'd have to have flies pestering me. Of course, I'm not sure what sin it would be associated with, nonetheless, they would be my plague.
Shoo, Fly! Don't bother me!!

No comments: