16 September 2010

Personality Differences

Any parent of more than one child can tell you how amazingly different children can be. To me, this is evidence that we existed before our physical/mortal existence began because they come here with different preferences and personalities.
These differences can be displayed every day but they are really shown in the crucible of illness. While one child becomes less playful and no longer as talkative and appears to be more reserved, she maintains her easy going attitude and basically just slows down. The other...well, she is a hand and foot kind of girl. Such would be her thoughts following: "I'm sick, so please take care of every detail of my movement. Yes, I mean, even though I am completely capable, please hold my cup for me to drink from. Oh? A grape, yes! I'd love one. Please place it in my mouth for me. And, if you aren't too busy, could you help me chew? Oh! Don't you DARE think of NOT holding me all through this sickness! I'm sick! Do you remember?"
I love that she is so cuddly and attached to me normally, but it is quite annoying when it truly becomes a FT job to carry her and cater to her every need (those she is capable of doing herself). So, if you happen to read this before seeing me tonight at the RS activity, please note that the dark circles under my eyes are my beauty gift from Gianna.

No comments: