14 September 2010

A Few Funnies

I have to get Eric to upload the video, but can I just say that the songs Emily has been learning are hilariously adorable!!(yes, I sang them when a child as well, but I just never realized how cute it is.) She sang "Goin' On a Bear Hunt" last night during what is turning into our weekly video taping portion of FHE. Hilarious!
FHE (Family Home Evening) is a night, typically Monday, where you block off all other distractions and have some quality and quantity family time. This isn't to say that you can only have FHE one night a week. It's just a habit to establish so that as our family grows, we all know that is the one night where we can come together, learn a little more in-depth about God's plan for us, play some silly games, have a treat and enjoy each other's company.
I explain all of this because Emily has become very excited about having FHE. We never abbreviate that with the letters as I have done in this post. Instead, we say "Okay, tonight is Family Home Evening!...." Well, Emily has begun telling us that she has "a great idea! Let's have Family Home E-T-M!" and proceeds to include the activities she would like to do after school or church or whatever. It's just cute.
Another funny is Emily met a friend of a friend last weekend. When the lady was trying to talk to her, Emily, in loud and enunciating tones, proclaims, "I have a chicken in my mouth!" She was eating a chicken nugget, but the image of this small child with a chicken in her mouth was pretty funny...or it was just funny to us at that hour of the evening.
Intending to start up a conversation with Emily, Eric was asking her a comparison and contrast question. Emily responds, "I like Hanna best because she is beautiful. I love beautiful things!" I'm glad she adores our friend so much, but I guess I need to teach her that beauty is not the only qualifier for choosing her likes. hahahah
Our cat caught a squirrel and brought it to the back porch for herself and her kittens to dine on. When Emily saw it, she exclaimed, "Ew! Mommy! They're eatin' the squirrel! That's 'isgusting!" Sure is...and I'll spare you any further image by not posting the picture. Gross. Seriously, gross.

No comments: