19 September 2010

The Illness Continues

I'm sure no one really cares about this, but since this blog is also a "journal" for me, I'm recording it.
Gianna is such a great sister! She loves Emily so much that she shared her germs with her. That's so nice!
I don't know what's up with this illness, but it is sneaky!! We had so much fun with our girls' night the other night and Emily had a healthy appetite. We ate pizza, had icecream, watched a couple movies (short kids' movies), and still had scriptures and prayer at a decent time to send them off to bed.
Eric got home and we played some more of our current favorite board game (seriously, I should post about that. Maybe I will...later.) before, having caught up on each others' days, we also went to bed.
I was awakened s short time later to a very calm child explaining that she's sorry, but that she threw up in her bed. I grabbed my glasses (b/c otherwise I am blind as a bat) and then grabbed her arm to help steer her to the bathroom. EW!! I grabbed the arm she apparently vomited on! And, yes, her other arm was quite clean.
The rest of the night was spent staying up with her as she repeatedly had episodes needing to visit the toilet.
I pulled out the sofa bed so I could be right there for her. There aren't many people in this world who can smile through their sickness. Emily is one of them. Although she felt awful and could explain this to me, she still was smiling as I petted her hair and helped her be as comfortable as possible.
While Gianna only threw up once, her fever was a lot higher. I can't imagine how she was feeling through her illness, but could only guess while she gesticulated. I feel bad for both of the girls, but I am glad that, thus far, they didn't share with Eric or me.

No comments: