22 September 2010

Day 7-ish

I think we are all technically over the virus that raged through our home, but we are still dealing with the aftermath. MAN! I haven't been sick like this in a LLLLLLLLLLLoooooooong time. Seriously. Gall stones were the last. I still have a delicate stomach and have to learn from my children that plain white bread, saltines and water are probably the best things to dine on during this recovery period, but my body also craves food (seriously, for a week before this happened, I felt ravenous, so being ill and now not being able to consume "enough" is really wearing me down).
And, I really think I came down with this just so I could be more empathetic and sympathetic to my children. I definitely have been a much softer mom when it comes to eating this past week.
And, my biggest bit of gratitude: Eric didn't have to succumb to the evil clutches of this stomach menace!!

2 comments:

The Roes said...

I am so sorry you guys have been sick. I still consider those recovering days as part of the sickness. It makes me think about when Adam and I got the flu a couple years ago right after Haydn was born. YUCK!

Momma Sarah said...

Hope you are all recovering nicely! Take it easy! Abby got sick at school a couple weeks ago - first week of classes, no less!