04 November 2008

Child Locks, a Must-Have

I have not been a big one for getting all crazy with child locks and whatnot. I used hair-ties to "secure" the cabinet under the sink. So, you know that I am not a crazy-lady with the child safety products. However, my biggest concern has been Emily's escaping from the house with me unaware. We have previously just had to make sure we locked the exterior doors. Alas, we knew our child would one day be tall enough and smart enough to figure out how to do those locks. Well, that day has come and gone.
Emily decided she wanted Hannah to go outside, so she unlocked both the door lock and the dead bolt and ordered Hannah to get out. So, I ordered Eric to find new locks to put up high to lock Emily (and any other member of the household needing supervision) IN. I must say, now that she doesn't take a nap and I MUST, I can now rest and relax and not be afraid that she will make a jail break.

1 comment:

The Doctors Wife said...

Childlocks are standard at my house to keep my kids in. I use them to train my kids to stay in their room at night. I also have them on my front door so the kids can't run out or open the door if I'm in the shower or something. We placed a chain high on the door when we livd off a busy road. I had to stand on my tip toes myself to reach it. I guess that's what I get for marrying someone who is
6'7"