21 November 2008

Dual Meaning of Words

I guess I haven't taught Emily that there are certain words that have more than one meaning...
Emily wanted to go to the garage to play with Hannah (this is the only open space the two of them are able to romp in and I don't have to worry much). I told her she had to go find her socks and shoes. Of course, this started me laughing because she put her hands over her mouth and started calling them, "Sock and shoe, where are you?" This isn't the funniest, though. After she came back and claimed she couldn't find them, I told her that her socks were in her bottom drawer, "So go check your bottom drawer." Simple enough direction, I thought. Well, Emily began pulling down her pants and underwear. I asked her what she was doing and she replied, "Bottom drawer". Uh, yeah. That's your bottom, but I hope there isn't a drawer installed there. Needless to say, I started cracking up...much the same as I am doing now trying to relate the story.

No comments: