27 November 2008

One Thing After Another

Okay, I am really not trying to complain, but update everyone on our lives. Eric had a bit of an accident last night coming home from work. Don't worry, he's okay for the most part. He was slowing down to turn into our subdivision and didn't see the plank board in the road (it was dusk/getting dark). The board wasn't very thick, but it was a finished/glossy piece of wood. It caught Eric's back tire and spun the bike from under him. He laid it down on the left side and has injuries on his left (a fractured clavicle and a fractured food, plus he dislocated his fourth toe on that foot...but they were successful in putting it back into socket).
He is on pain medication and a muscle relaxer and will be out from work for at least the next 5 days...moving around only possible by the use of the wheelchair we are borrowing from his parents. I know it sounds exciting, but he isn't hurt too bad, yet it is just enough to be completely annoying and makes him dependent on me (someone suggested that perhaps I was in need of relearning about service...I think she's right!). I don't mind and am grateful for earlier training in my life when I worked as a care attendant while going to BYU.
So, my thanksgiving this year is that my family is safe and alive...even if we have bumps and bruises and things might be hard...we are so blessed to be together!

3 comments:

miss said...

I am sooo sorry!

If you or Eric need any wheelchair advice, I'm here.

Whenever you helped me, you spoiled me because we were so insync, I didn't have to explain much. No one can read my mind anymore and my communication stinks, so I frustrate a lot of people, my mom included.

You are a great helper! Love.

Momma Sarah said...

HOLY COW! Mom told me the night it happened. I didn't want to call and contribute to the chaos but we were praying for you all the whole time. We are sooooo glad he wasn't hurt more than he was. Keep us posted!

word verification is kessess, so kisses to your family!

The Doctors Wife said...

Thank goodness he is alright. Mike hates bikes because of all the cases he gets in the O.R. from them. Keep safe and heal up.