06 November 2008

Joke's On Us

Wanna laugh at how intelligent Eric and I are?
We got up this morning and decided to go for a family bike ride. We even took Hannah with us(she does really well attached to the back of Em's bike trailer). Eric asked me if we should close the garage door although we weren't going far or would be gone very long. I told him yes, so he hit the button and did the "jump" over the sensor as he left the garage (we don't have an exterior door to the garage.)
We didn't get very far before my brain realized what we'd just done. We left our house VERY locked. Since we've added the child locks, and didn't go out either of those doors but instead left through the garage...we didn't have a way to get back inside.
Eric, in his calm manner, said to not worry about it and just enjoy our ride...we'd figure it out when we got back. I'm so glad I'm married to such a patient and calm man! After our ride, we realized that we'd (luckily) left the van unlocked, so we could open the garage with the garage opener clicker!! And the only reason it was unlocked is because my loving husband got in there before we left to grab my sunglasses for me.
Now I just have to remember never to leave the house through the garage UNLESS I have a van key with me so I can get back inside!!

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

You can always call me, you did give me a spare key to your house. I'd come let you in at any time of day. :o)

Momma Sarah said...

That's so funny! Well, not so funny at the time, but SO Funny! That sounds like something I'd do!