26 August 2011

Step One of a Dream

In the third grade, I decided I wanted to write books. I've been a bookworm my whole life and I even prepared myself through college to become a great writer through my choice in major. I'm not saying I've reached my goal yet, but I am on step one...finally!
I have been working with a gentleman for quite awhile now and he has turned over his autobiography for me to work on. I just finished the initial editing and proofing of his own writings. We meet next week to discuss questions I have and to work out any other information kinks. After that meeting, I will be spending quite a bit of time rewriting and reworking his life into "book" form. I am so excited to be able to work on this project. I hope I can truly see how to do this and create a wonderful piece for his family to enjoy. We don't want it to be a dry autobiography, but a living, breathing narrative.

2 comments:

April said...

Wow, that's awesome! Congrats!

The Roes said...

I'm so glad the two of you 'ran' into each other. I know how exciting this is for you, but I'm excited to get to read his story too! Congratulations on making it one step closer to your dream.