07 January 2011

Getting Out of the SAHM Slumps

I have heard so many people talk about feeling frumpy or not noticing that they have gained weight as a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM). The thing is, since getting married and becoming a mother, I feel more feminine and dress up more.
A couple months ago I found these incredibly cute, uber feminine shoes. I was going to try an experiment. Well, that one fell flat on it's face when I realized that these shoes and I weren't meant for each other. I have incredibly narrow feet with a high arch. One of my mission companions referred to my feet as "Cinderella feet". My toes kept slipping out the peep toe no matter the efforts I made with adjusting shoe size or implementing the use of foot grips and the like. So, I returned them (as a side note, I got those shoes on a really good deal and then ended up trading them out for an even better deal: two pairs for the same price).
Yesterday, I tried my experiment. I wore heels around the house. I did my daily chores in those shoes. Guess what? No back or heel pain because it is a good pair of shoes. Guess what else? I felt super feminine and s-e-x-y. Seriously. Try it. I now know how they came up with the concept that the 50's woman could do it all. I certainly felt that way looking chic and yet keeping my home in order and tending the children. When Eric got home, I already felt beautiful, so his affection emphasized that even more.
So, get out there, ladies. Put on your feminine clothes. Wear the heels. Enjoy life. You are beautiful. Let it shine!

No comments: