19 January 2011

Time Occupation

What occupies your time?
My list goes something like this, and only in the order it came to my head:
Raising Kids/Babysitting
Tending and Training Puppies
Cleaning/Keeping House
Genealogy Work
Church/Scripture Study/Pondering/Meditation
Being a Wife
Blogging/Reading/Researching
Sewing
Sleeping (sometimes even through the whole night!)
That list looks like a large portion of my life is devoted to other people, but it really isn't. All of those other people/things that I am responsible for are also people/things that make me a better person than I could be on my own.
For instance, somehow I always, always, always have scriptures and prayer with my girls. I don't always have scriptures by myself. See? When I'm taking care of others, I'm getting a greater benefit.
Or, another, is while I'm doing genealogy for Mr. J, I'm learning more about finding records and composing books as well as identifying new family members for my own family tree (we are distantly related, but I even know where and how).
But, I'll admit. Training the puppies is strictly for my benefit. I'm pretty sure they don't really care where they potty. =)
I'd love to add a couple other hobbies/interests that have gone on the back burner, but for now, this is probably enough and I do feel like my life is balanced. I don't want to miss out on the enjoyment part of life and these things just to cram in one more goal that can wait until something else isn't quite so demanding/time consuming. For more about this concept, check out what Dieter F. Uchtdorf says.

1 comment:

April said...

Hey Liz, thanks for liking our Valentines wreaths!! Here's the link to the blog we got the idea from:

http://www.theidearoom.net/2010/01/felt-heart-wreath.html