19 April 2010

Let the Pampering Begin!

I previously posted a brag session on my husband for attending an award weekend for work held this year at Callaway Gardens. We left early Friday morning and drove across the state to check in at the beautiful Lodge.
It was extremely relaxing and refreshing to spend some one-on-one time with my wonderful husband. We checked in, ran an errand (our GPS broke on the way, so we got a brand new one for the difference in taxes...and the new one is AWESOME...and I think we could watch a movie on it: the screen is that big), got back and ate a wonderful lunch, had time to digest, went to our scheduled appointment for our hour massage (AMAZING!!), more time to hang out, got ready for the luau, rode the crazy bus (our driver seriously got lost along the way) down to the beach front, enjoyed dinner and entertainment (I'm still in love with Polynesian cultures!!), chatted with the Regional Director, rode back to the lodge, and fell asleep watching TV. Did I mention there wasn't a single diaper to change, no clothes to wash, no beds to make, no dishes to do, and not to pay a dime for it?
It was so much fun. The only things I would have changed would be no alcohol served (they had an open bar, so I'm pretty sure we were the only sober attendants at the awards), and to be able to figure out how to have my kids with me. I had an upset tummy from the time we left them until we came home, but that's okay. I know that I just love my kids that much to make me sick when I'm not with them!
Funniest story of the event: when we returned from the awards, along with the whole bus load of people, we entered the elevator and when the doors opened and the bell rang, we got off. We went to our room (we were like the third room from the elevator) and Eric inserted his card. Red light. "What?!" he exclaims. He inserts the card again, no dice. We then looked at the room number. Whoops! We got off on the wrong floor! We were such lemmings!! We got back on the elevator and went up the last floor. A guy saw us and laughingly said, "I know what you guys have been doing!" (referencing the consumption of alcohol). It's a good thing we DON'T drink! We are confused enough staying out "late" (it was about 10pm...but we are NEVER out that late) that we never need the added confusion alcohol can give. Anyway, we laughed thinking about the people whose room we were trying to get into.
I'm still super proud of the hard work my husband does as well as the Lord blessing him to be so successful. The event honored those who represented the top 1/2 percent of all the (retail) employees in the region. This was Eric's third qualifying year and the third time he has earned the award. I just love this hard working man!

No comments: