07 April 2010

If I Could...


If I could, I would have a little shop to sell my reconstructions of old shirts. It's my new favorite gift to give at baby showers. Of course, I'd probably just want to give them away because it's interesting to think about where the dress may end up. AND, there's the fact that I'm still a novice seamstress (everything I make is basically on the fly...I can't get the guts to do something from a "real" pattern), so it's always a "hmmm, how do I fix that?" kind of gig.
But, I love doing it and it is so fun to watch these shirts become little dresses. This one is actually a shirt I purchased just after returning from my mission. It's shrunk a little over the past few years and now is just a tad too short in the torso for me to wear. So, into the recycle pile for dresses to be made and voila! just in time for the baby shower this weekend!!

1 comment:

Momma Sarah said...

Cute dress! I still have to make one for my girls! They LOVE dresses and I like to 're-create' too!!