19 April 2010

3-D Children's Art

I have a lot to say about our most recent General Conference, but it's going to have to be commented on slowly. One of the first things is how important it is to utilize our talents in raising and teaching children. With that in mind, I created this:

I've been the Nursery leader for our ward since August. I've had it in my mind what I wanted to do with the board since that time but hadn't gotten around to fixing it. I even purchased most of the items I used at the beginning of the year. Last week I kidnapped Susan and she helped me put this together. I didn't have it planned out on paper, so it took awhile to get things to work in reality space.
I've never made something so large and it was really fun to create this 3-D version of a child's drawing (really, this is probably better than I could draw on paper myself!). It isn't finished yet...I'll be adding the children in our Nursery to the board as well as a title in blocks on the bottom, but at least I can share this with you as well as encouragement to seek to develop your talents and make your world a happier and joyous place.

No comments: