16 October 2009

My Girl, the Actress

I love that Emily has such a great imagination. It makes life so incredibly more entertaining! She can stay in character so well that it's almost like she has really taken on that persona as her own.
Last night she decided that she was "Mommy" and I was "Emily". She uses this kind of ethereal voice to portray mine and it is hilarious! I don't think I sound like that, but this is her interpretation, not mine.
In taking on my persona, she informed us that we needed to have scriptures and prayer. She picked up The Friend and read us a story about Jesus. When she was finished, she told us we needed to pray. She even gave instructions that we needed to "fold our knees" and "fold our arms". She then gave a prayer in this same voice. She did our entire evening routine as if she was "Mommy," never forgetting to speak with that voice and hold her body just the right way.
We didn't have the heart to argue that we needed to read from the scriptures or anything. We just let her be the "Mommy" and she went to bed very peacefully last night.
Oh, I love my little girl! She's a riot...even when she is being so calm and collected in her imaginary play.

No comments: