04 October 2009

"Holy Spirit Yard Sale"

Seriously. I came across this posted sign today while driving. It made me question what I really read and what the purpose of the sign really was.
The thought came to mind that yard sales entice the bargain hunters and the frugal. I know people who yard sale with strict specifics in mind. I know others that are looking for general items. Still others who are just browsing. However, each yard sale purchaser is going to pick and choose what they want, leaving the rest because it has no value to them. If a person is doing this with God's word (or his Spirit), that person will never find a fullness of joy. I understand that some things seem to be hard, but as we allow the Lord to lead us instead of our pride or whatever, the way becomes easier. We may only be ready one step at a time, but we can't discount or ignore any part of the gospel without leaving a hole in our spiritual armor.
Thus, I feel blessed to live in this generation. Twice a year we are blessed to hear from God's prophet and apostles during General Conference. This conference was especially good for me. I've had some things on my mind and pondering certain circumstances and the speakers at these meetings answered those thoughts and were able to be God's messengers in answer to my prayers. I feel so fortified and uplifted because of it. I may not be perfect. I know there are many things I need to improve upon and do, but at least I know I'm on the right path and that I've been given the tools necessary to change. Instead of going to the "Holy Spirit Yard Sale" I was able to sit down and partake of the Spiritual Feast offered by God through his prophet and apostles this weekend. What a blessing in my life!

1 comment:

The Roes said...

I LOVED General Conference! I too was filled with answers to life's questions and trials I've been going through. Another testament that these men really are men of God. I feel like I have been nourished and am ready to deal with these trials.