21 October 2009

Book Club

Book Club was SO awesome last night. Although some were unable to finish reading the book (long book, plus the logistics of actually obtaining a copy of an unusual book), we had great conversations.
Yes, I probably talked too much, but I'm learning that I really, REALLY like to talk and that I need to just shut my mouth sometimes and let other people think...especially when what they are saying gives me an epiphany...if I can just wait a second to let them finish their thoughts!! Other people mentioned that they feel an affinity to Annette, but I think I'm more verbose than she!
I got so much more out of the discussion and appreciate the book even more now.
So, any of you wanting to give the gothic novel a chance, try Ann Radcliffe's The Mysteries of Udolpho! She actually has quite a bit to say that you have to kind of read between the lines. And, any of you that are local, please join our group. If you are long distance, please feel free to read with us and make comments as we go!
I am incredibly excited to have such a great group of friends to get together with once a month and discuss literature. It's something I have missed doing since I finished college.

No comments: