03 April 2008

Master of Disaster



Emily has been Tropical Storm turned into Hurricane lately. We are to the point of no longer playing with toys, but dumping them out to see what kind of mess she can create and how large a surface she can cover. At this point, I'm glad I only have one to deal with (although, when you remember that Hannah has toys and destroys them, I really am dealing with two). I can honestly tell people now that ask that forbidden question of "So what DO you do all day?" that I clean up, read books, play with toys, empty the potty chair, take the dog out, do laundry, wash/stack dishes, change Em's cloths, put on and remove Em's shoes five or six times, worry about the YW program in it's various parts, and make meals every day. THAT'S what I do all day.
And yet, somehow, I'm trying to get into more of a routine so I can more faithfully study the scriptures, get some "real" exercise in (if you can't count chasing a toddler and a dog around the house) AND work on my talents/skills that I would like to develop further (ie: playing piano and learning the craft of photography currently).
And for those who think I'm complaining...I'm not! I'm happy that this is my job. It just makes me laugh that it really does make me happy to live this life and feel really blessed that we are able to do so. I never would have thought that as a teenager!

No comments: