07 April 2008

Do You Know the Lord's Servants?

In an effort to become more familiar with the Apostles, I have begun a Personal Progress Project. I'm studying the lives of these good men in order to have a better appreciation and understanding of them so that when I hear their words, I can be more receptive (not that I'm not listening...just having that background makes things more understandable and interesting).
Everyone knows that by seniority is the new prophet selected. The most senior apostle (the one serving longest) is then ordained. President Monson was called into the Quorum of the Twelve back in 1963, making him the most senior apostle.
Here's my little tidbit of interesting "trivia"...did you know that his counselors are two of the most newly called?? You probably all remember E. Uchtdorf being called back in 2004. What I didn't realize until beginning this project is that E. Eyring was the most recently called prior to that (happening in 1995). So, his counselors are the newest aside from E. Bednar (called, also, in 2004) and E. Cook (called just last October). I find it interesting that the most senior apostle is serving in a presidency that also combines the relative "youth" of these other brethren.

No comments: