27 July 2011

Miracle of Miracles

Okay, perhaps it isn't for anyone else, but it IS for me.
Sunday we were at a company picnic. I wasn't too thrilled to be doing it, but it was a necessary "evil" (not that it was evil in the slightest). However, when we got there and I got chatting (I know, the poor things!) with a couple, I started enjoying it. I brought our camera along to capture some moments...which never even happened. However, it is important to know that our little Elph was along with us.
I made multiple trips across the way to the public restroom. In doing this, I ended up setting down the camera on the toilet paper dispenser. Of course, I didn't remember and left.
Well, after that, we went over to Eric's parents' house, as usual. We played games and had a ton of fun over there. We got home late and I certainly wasn't thinking about the camera.
Monday passed without any photo opportunities presenting themselves, but then yesterday it was raining and the girls were having fun playing in the water. Now, I know I have a camera on my phone, but I really just don't like using it. And, why should I when I have a little point-and-shoot that takes really fabulous pics? I searched everywhere for it to no avail.
I prayed about it and remembered setting it down next to Gianna's carseat in the car. Nope. Not there. The next and lasting image was when I set it down on the toilet paper dispenser. Well, knowing full well that if someone found a digital camera that they wouldn't turn it in to lost and found, I called the park. They took down my information and promised to call back around 2pm.
I continued to list the many events recorded on the camera because I haven't uploaded images in about six months. Each time I would feel really sad and I cried a few times. I then relied on the faith of my little children. I asked Emily to please say a prayer. She did and then Gianna also offered her version. They knew I was really upset about it. After that, when my mind would think of those lost pictures, I would have a sense of peace.
Two o'clock rolled around and passed by. No phone call. I waited until after 4pm to call. The very nice lady said she had called and left a message that no one had turned it in. I kept thinking that I should just pack the girls in the car and go up to the park myself to look.
I finally followed that prompting because I recognized that feeling of peace and assurance that we could find it as being the Holy Ghost. After we got in the car and were headed towards the lake, I had the prompting to call my father-in-law. I thought it was silly because the last impression I had of having the camera was on the toilet paper dispenser. Thankfully, my memory IS faulty. He answered and said that yes, the camera was sitting on the shelf and that he just didn't know whose it was.
I felt SUCH relief!! I was so happy!! We drove straight over to get it and we invaded them for the rest of the evening.
I really don't know how the camera ended up there. Apparently I carried it into their house, but I seriously have no memory of doing it. Plus, it would have been sitting WITH my phone, but it wasn't. Any way I look at it, I will just be grateful. And, I have yet another experience that when we act on the promptings of the Spirit, we will be lead in the right direction. It wasn't until I actually put my body in motion that I was led to find the camera. That's faith for you...you actually have to act on it for it to work!!

2 comments:

SA Photography said...

AMAZING story of faith and acting on those prompting of the whisper of the Holy Ghost. What a GREAT teaching moment for your girls, too! SO glad it 'turned up' at your in-law's!

The Roes said...

This totally makes me think of the smoke jumper story in the July Ensign. Good reminder that even though we have said a prayer, sometimes we need to start moving to get our directions. Any direction is better than sitting in a 'dead zone.' So happy for you! And selfishly, so glad those pictures of our kids together are not lost forever. =)