19 July 2011

Technology How I Hate/Love Thee

I have to say that technology and I definitely have a love-hate relationship. I don't know why I have King Midas' Touch, but it definitely comes out in a lot of useless efforts at times.
My most current frustration is the fact that I've spent too much time gathering and typing information for my genealogy and the branch that is for Mr. Paul. Both programs are now blocked to me. For some reason it just doesn't want to let me open. I feel like I'm getting the "I have to wash my hair" response from the computer. It is LYING TO ME!! I click to open the program which I can obviously see. It responds, "Access Denied". When I click the "ok" button it pops another window up giving me a lame excuse of why this is occurring. It tells me something to the effect that it can't be opened because it is in use elsewhere. WHERE??? I'm the only one using this computer and it is NOT OPEN!!
I've been putting it off, but it is inevitable. I had to start completely over. It's rather annoying. I mean, I have the information saved via two other online providers, but I can't just download my work to my computer. They only allow uploading...sort of. Anyway, now that I've entered and reentered and reentered, I have to start AGAIN and do all the work over. I am trying to make myself feel better that perhaps there was one piece of incorrect information that was tagging along and this way it will be exposed and fixed. We'll see.
Here's to going over and over and over and over records! Let's sing this to "Pioneer Children Sang as they Walked"------"Genealogy keeps making Liz type, and type, and type and type...."

No comments: