28 March 2010

Bursting!

Typically, as a church, we (those who are able) fast the first Sunday each month. Due to General Conference (semi-annual worldwide meetings where we hear from the Prophet and other church leaders) happening next weekend, our ward held fast Sunday today, giving us two fast Sundays in March.
The meeting is called fast and testimony meeting and all are invited to share their testimonies of Jesus Christ and his gospel. A few people got up and shared and immediately I couldn't contain myself any longer. I was so excited and extremely happy that I just had to share with everyone. I got up and was probably overly excited, but I really wanted to shout with the voice of an angel that the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored! It's true! It's here and I have been blessed with it all my life. This isn't the condensed or abridged version. It is whole and complete, and with the power to bind family ties and ordinances not only in this life, but for all time and eternity!! It's amazing. It's beautiful! It's the most important part of my life and my family!
If you want to draw closer to Christ and have His spirit with you, read your scriptures and pray. If you want to know more about his restored gospel, check out this page. I just can't leave it unsaid, especially at this Easter season: Christ Lives!!