22 February 2010

A Little More on Gianna

I started writing the last post and didn't intend to go into the depth that I did. I wanted to share a couple of things about Gianna.
I have to declare that God has blessed me with Miracle Children. At first I thought that perhaps I just got lucky with Emily. Gianna disproves this theory. At a year old, we can tell her to go to bed and she does. She also puts herself to bed for a nap when she needs one (I don't have a set schedule, so it's always changing).
Gianna is also a comedienne. We put her to bed one night and things got settled and quiet in there, so Susan went to check on them. She came back giggling and explained that Gianna was playing 'possum. So, we all went to look. Sure enough, Gianna was "sleeping" on her bed when suddenly her face cracks into a huge smile and she starts giggling and throwing her arms and legs around. Hilarious!
She also likes to race Emily to bed. Whoever gets in bed first is declared the winner. Gianna takes this completely literally. She holds onto fingers as she runs to her bed. At the corner of her bed, she lets goes and face-plants on it and wants to be declared the winner. She definitely has a competitive side, even if she doesn't want to walk on her own yet.
Last night she and Emily were playing in their room while we finished making dinner. We heard a crash and Gianna's scream-cry. While trying to be a big girl like her sister, she fell and bit half-way through her tongue. She was a trooper, though! I was still disturbed by the blood pooling in her mouth and all she wanted was to suck her thumb and got annoyed at me trying to find the wound.
It's a whirlwind of fun in the Boyd abode!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Thanks for this post. It makes me more excited and a little less nervous to have our second baby. Sure it will be a little while before they can play in their room(s) together, but I look forward to that day. Hopefully they will be good friends.